What is a laser and how does it work?
A laser is an instrument that allows us to remove or contour tissue as it produces a narrow, intense beam of light energy.
How are lasers used in dentistry?
Laser dentistry can be used to:
- Reduce the discomfort of canker and cold sores.
- Expose partially erupted wisdom teeth.
- Remove muscle attachments that limit proper movement.
- Manage gum tissue during impressions for crowns or other procedures.
- Remove overgrown tissues caused by certain medications.
- Perform biopsy procedures.
- Remove inflamed gum tissues and aid in the treatment of gum disease.
- Remove or reshape gum and bone tissues during crown lengthening procedures.
- Help treat infections in root canals.
- Speed up tooth whitening procedures.
What are the benefits of using dental lasers?
It's not necessary to use a drill or administer anesthesia in some procedures, and it allows the patient to be more relaxed in our dentist's chair.
Laser dentistry procedures are more precise. Also, lasers can reduce symptoms and healing times associated with traditional therapies; reduce the amount of bacteria in both diseased gum tissue and in tooth cavities; and control bleeding during surgery.
For more information about laser dentistry, contact Allure Dental Care in Modesto today!
Dental Implants Missing teeth or loose dentures?
Invisalign® Enjoy your life the way you normally do. It's virtually invisible.
Lumineers® Permanent, beautiful, and painless
Sedation Dentistry Wake up to a brand new smile.
Laser Dentistry No shot, no drilling, and no pain
Special Offers Save more on your next visit!
What Our Patients Are Saying